Glitter Boom (“we”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with our terms of service and any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. We keep certain basic information when you visit our website and recognise the importance of keeping that information secure and letting you know what we will do with it.
This policy only applies to our site. If you leave our site via a link or otherwise, you will be subject to the policy of that website provider. We have no control over that policy or the terms of the website and you should check their policy before continuing to access the site. All of our payments are handled via Stripe and PayPal, so when purchasing from us you will be bound by their respective privacy policies.
Information We Collect From You
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site (https://glitterboom.uk). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site or purchasing products or goods. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
- Glitter Boom partners with other companies for payment processing, and the payment information you submit is collected and used by them in accordance with their privacy policies. If you purchase using PayPal, we will keep a record of the PayPal account associated email address only. Glitter Boom does not store your payment information apart from the last four digits of your credit card or debit card (as applicable), expiration date, and country, which we require for tax, government regulatory, and security purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment and administration of your orders
- If you make a purchase from us, we will make a record of your IP address for security purposes. For example, for the detection of anonymous or blacklisted IP addresses for fraudulent purposes and ongoing detection of fraudulent activity.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence. For example, when you ask for support, send us questions or comments, or report a problem.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs, operating system, browser usage and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.You can opt out of being included in Google Analytics here.
You may decline to provide us with your information. However, this will severely restrict your ability to register for an account or use our make a purchase. Information collected upon registration can be reviewed, changed, and modified freely through your account dashboard.
IP Addresses and Cookies
We may collect information about your computer including, where available, your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual and we will not collect personal information in this way.
Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service.
They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to our site.
Where We Store Your Personal Data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses Made of The Information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- To track and analyse use of our services so that we can improve how Glitter Boom is performing and provide users with the best experience possible.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Retention of Information
We will retain your information as long as your account is active, as necessary to provide you with the services or goods, or as otherwise set forth in this policy and our terms of service. We will also retain and use this information as necessary for the purposes set out in this policy and to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, enforce our agreements, and protect Glitter Boom’s legal rights.
We also collect and maintain aggregated, anonymised or pseudonymised information which we may retain indefinitely to protect the safety and security of our site, improve our Services, or comply with legal obligations.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. This includes our payment authorisation networks, Stripe and PayPal. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
You have the right to the ability to access, correct, and request deletion of your personal information. Information you provide to us for account creation can be reviewed, changed, and modified freely through your account dashboard. You may request deletion of your personal information by contacting us.
Access to Information
The Data Protection Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 GBP to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Data Protection Authority
Subject to applicable law, if you are a citizen or resident of the European Economic Area, you also have the right to (i) object to Glitter Boom’s use of your personal information and (ii) lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority or the United Kingdom Information Commissioner’s Office.
United Kingdom Information Commissioner’s Office
Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire
SK9 5AF, United Kingdom
Telephone: +0303 123 1113
Fax: 01625 524510